DISCOVERING THE EXTRAORDINARY IN WHAT SEEMS ORDINARY.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Project Hexagon

So I've always thought that crocheted afghans blankets are just about the most beautiful and soft as blankets come, and I had this beautifully crocheted blanket growing up that my great grandmother Snowdie made for me as a little girl that I've always loved. Now, thanks to my birthday gift from Jackie and Naomi of yarn, knitting needles and a crochet hook, I've been inspired to learn the basics of knitting and am moving on to my dream crochet project - a hexagonal blanket.

Hexagon how-to HERE.
While the colors I'm using are much more "retro" than this picture...isn't this beautiful!? It's just so bright and simply radiates color, I love it.

I will try to take a picture of two as I learn how to make hexagons, guided by the ever-patient craft mistress Naomi.

No comments:

Post a Comment