DISCOVERING THE EXTRAORDINARY IN WHAT SEEMS ORDINARY.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sister sister.

So Jess has been visiting for the last week...and needless to say we have traversed Los Angeles, hung out in Berkeley and at Treasure Island, been on multiple adventures in Hollywood, gone thrift shopping, eating, eating and more eating...we fit in so much in a relatively short amount of time. One of my favorite things we did was on Sunday. This is one of my ideal days, consisting of...

1. Bay Cities Deli's "Godmother" sub. And oh my God, it is a mother.

2. The Getty - specifically, I really enjoyed the Irving Penn special exhibit they have on display right now. This is the first time all of his 252 photographs of his "Small Trades" Collection have been together in a single exhibit. It was just a cool reminder of just how many professions do exist, and kind of takes you back to a different era when different jobs existed. I felt like a kid sort of, when you have the most wild ideas (vs. when you get to college and decide to be "practical") about what you want to be when you grow up. For example, I wanted to be a firefighter for the longest time. At least five years. Here is of my faves...old school scuba:
Other faves I couldn't find pictures of online were the "cheese man," a smiling man from Paris with a "fromage" tub as well as the "female dancer" (NAOMI, she had tassels) and "female acrobat" (who was still smiling in a leotard at at least age 55).

But anyway, this combination of activities, combined with a Hotel Cafe Greg Laswell show FOLLOWED by finally seeing Where the Wild Things Are, made for a fabulous Sunday.
Doesn't her hair look amazing there? Pretty long locks.
Such beautiful gardens at the Getty, Jess took some amazing macro flower pictures that I can't wait to get my hands on. Much better than my pathetic iPhone pics. I'm so lazy, I should just carry my camera.

I'll have to get more pictures of my adventures with the clone and post a few later. Now back to real life/work.

1 comment:

  1. this is so cute! thanks for the great trip beamer! I'll have facebook pics up eventually :-)

    ReplyDelete